Lift Row Eat Grow symbolizes everything I have worked towards or experienced into one place and represents me as a coach, athlete and most importantly as a person perfectly.
From the age 16 I have studied Sport & Exercise Science and Performance nutrition, from a Btech in sports science right through to MSc in Exercise & Nutrition science.
Along the way I have worked in gyms, personal training and coaching Olympic lifting, strength and conditioning, nutrition programming and CrossFit in two affiliates.
Professionally this developed to becoming a specialist in exercise referral, cardiac & pulmonary rehab, exercise for chronic lower back pain and adult weight management for the NHS / local authority while keeping the coaching as a hobby
Athletically, I competed to a high level in badminton and basketball growing up and competitive CrossFit in more recent years, it was while competing in CrossFit that I found a love for rowing, this started at the first “Just Row” competition in 2016 and has led to 4 British lightweight Records and being one of the fastest lightweight indoor rowers in the world.
• BSc Sport & Exercise Science
• BACPR instructor & Advanced Applications in cardiac rehab
• Crossfit & British Olympic Weight lifting Level 1
• OPEX principles of programme design & Fly wheel bike
• Rocktape Movement & Mobility
• Wright Foundation: Exercise for the treatment of Lower back pain
• Competitive Crossfit: 2 time finalist at Pound for Pound: Rainhill Trials; Rocket Category
• 15 years personal training experience
• 8 years’ experience working with clients managing cardiac & pulmonary condition, chronic lower back pain, diabetes, hypertension , arthritis
• Fasted ever recorded British lightweight 500m time
• 3 time ‘Just Row’ podium finisher: winner 2018
• 2nd Place Row Series: Autumn 2017 + 2018
Overall 9th place finish in the Light Weight 2019 World Rowing Virtual Sprints, 4th World wide in my age category, 2nd overall British athlete
• Proud member of Team Esprit : Indoor Rowing
• MSc Exercise & Nutrition Science
• Sport & Exercise Nutrition register (SENr)
• 8 years working in adult weight management
• Performance Nutrition Esprit indoor rowing team
• Vast experience working with a wide range of clients in Crossfit, erg athletes , team and racket sports, endurance sports, body composition focused
• 10 years’ experience working with people as they aim to make lifestyle and behaviour change.
• 16 years of coaching groups or individuals in a wide variety of sports and fitness related activities from badminton, Crossfit, Olympic lifting, rowing , cardiac & pulmonary rehab and group based fitness
• I have a wife & 3 children, I fully appreciate the challenges that come as a result of trying to balance work, family, training and other commitments